Nuclear power is the use of nuclear reactions to produce electricity. Nuclear power can be obtained from nuclear fission, nuclear decay and nuclear fusion reactions. Presently, the vast majority of electricity from nuclear power is produced by nuclear fission of uranium and plutonium in nuclear power plants. Nuclear decay processes are used in niche applications such as radioisotope thermoelectric generators in some space probes such as Voyager 2
Rope Access Services Range to Nuclear Industry
- Quick set up and removal of ropes & rigging equipment means that the work is completed significantly quicker than traditional methods which makes rope access considerably cheaper on a time costed basis.
- Minimum disruption of daily production & activity means that in the majority of projects, operation can continue without downtime. Minimum downtime is a crucial to production and can save a considerable amount of money
- Ropes are removed at the end of each shift which will increase security and reduce safety risks unlike scaffolding or heavy machinery which must remain even after hours.
- Easier access to awkward or narrow spaces. Rope access technicians can get access to all areas which ensure the integrity of facility, components, and equipment is maintained.
- Exterior Inspections – full inspections for buildings or structures to meet maintenance requirements or regulatory compliance.
- Interior Inspections – thorough inspections of building components and structure for regulatory compliance and licensing.
- Cleaning & Hydroblasting – quick and effective cleaning services for stacks, towers, buildings, etc.
- Painting & Coating – turn key painting & coating services for the building and its components to assure longevity of the plant and other assets.
- Installations/Modifications to plant systems in order to meet new regulatory requirements